Join Our Team
We have a small team working from our workshop in rural Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor National Park. We're regularly searching for new people to join us, see below for current roles. If nothing below fits your skills but you feel you have something to offer, simply get in touch and say hi, you never know what's around the corner!
PLEASE NOTE. We’re excited to welcome all qualified applicants to an interview, but having a car and a full UK driving licence is essential as our workshop is rurally located - there is simply no public transport anywhere near us sadly. We value a diverse workplace. Feldspar is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any medical condition. You just have to be the best at what you do!
Tedburn St Mary, Devon
As part of a growing operations team within a growing company, the Studio Assistant will help in all aspects of the day to day running of our studio in Devon. This role focuses on organisation and an eye for detail, and includes but is not limited to sorting new arrivals of ware, quality checking, fulfilling assemblies, packing wholesale orders and coordinating shipping as well as fulfilling and despatching our website sales on a daily basis. This includes both attention to detail when quality checking ware and the ability to organise multiple orders concurrently. Experience working in a workshop or warehouse is advantageous. Please note that this is a physical role and we are looking for candidates who will really enjoy the challenge of working to deadlines. This is not a creative role.
- Working in a team or alone, packing up orders, both for stockists and customers is a vital part of our business
- Careful packing ensures that our laboriously handmade wares arrive to customers meetings the exacting quality standards expected
- It involves problem solving on a daily basis: playing ‘Tetris’ with highly valuable items to ensure efficiency and economy.
- Packing ranges in scale from forming and filling the bespoke boxes our mugs are sold in, to wrapping and boxing up larger, unique items and orders of 100s of items
- Often items are travelling half way around the world, so tenacity and care is required in understanding how to keep items safe from any of the myriad issues a box could encounter on its journey
- This role works closely with the Studio Manager who directs the operations, but an ability to think on your feet and take initiative is important
- Daily meetings with the Studio Manager to schedule the day’s tasks
- Weekly liaising with the workshop team to ensure all supplies are ordered in good time
- Scheduling and booking in courier and palette collectionsKnowledge of production software is advantageous
- Computer literacy is important
- Printing out, fulfilling and handwriting notes for our DTC sales
- Keep all work areas tidy and clean down at the end of the day
This position is full-time, 8.30-4.30 daily with elevenses and a 1/2 hour break for lunch
- Workshop or warehouse experience useful
- Troubleshooting skills
- Ease of communication is important
Extensive physical exertions which includes but are not limited to:
- Heavy lifting of trays of ware
- Climbing up ladders to reach storage
- Repetitive bending and arm motions
- Ability to adhere to all safety protocols
Feldspar was founded in 2016 to make good things properly - we call them ‘objects for life’. We handcraft our ceramics using heritage methods that are all but extinct in the UK. We work with craftspeople across the UK and have two workshops in Devon, and our objects are sold internationally through our website www.feldspar.studio and retailers such as The Conran Shop and Fortnum & Mason.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our small team. We’re excited to welcome all qualified applicants to an interview, but having a car and a full uk driving licence is essential as our workshop is rurally located - there is simply no public transport anywhere near us! If you are interested in applying, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 per year